Tuesday

Brooksville Raid Civil War Re-enactment

This re-enactment is just about as fun as Olustee, but not quite as far away I'm sure it will be just as fun and educational! This festival is a re-creation of a Civil War battle that happened in Hernando County in July of l864.


© Bruce Weissman
"Ohhh...Its was an adventure, let me tell you. Lots of opportunity to capture people in period dress. Highlight for me was the fire and brimstone church servcice and the cannon fire." -Bruce Weissman


© Janice Reynolds
"It was fun to travel back in time and photograph the costumes and way of life during that time." -Janice Reynolds 


© Christine
"It was a great time! Learning and observing what it was like way back when was fun." -Christine


© Eileen Taylor
"Had a blast and was exhausted took over 600 pictures and cant decide which ones I like the best...." -Eileen Taylor


© Chantal
"The Brooksville Raid Re-enactment was such a great experience. I am so glad I decided to make the drive and take my family." -Chantal


© J. Scott Kelly
"I thought the camps were fun to shoot in and get the expressions of the people. The battle was a bit out of range. I did manage to get a couple of cannon fire shots." -J. Scott Kelly